Effective August 1, 2023, Edge Eyewear will be enforcing Market Advertised Pricing (MAP). This policy is applicable to All Authorized Edge Eyewear Distributors, Dealers, and Resellers. This Policy is non-negotiable. A Distributors, Dealers, and Resellers is defined as any entity reselling EdgeEyewear products for financial gain. We have implemented this MAP policy to preserve the integrity in the marketplace for our high-value eyewear products and to better serve our clients. Edge Eyewear and its partners will adhere to this MAP policy, and its enforcement. This MAP policy will make the products of Edge Eyewear more competitive and benefit all Distributors, Dealers, and Resellers. This MAP policy is a unilateral policy and does not constitute an agreement.
Edge Eyewear Distributors, Dealers, and Resellers remain free to establish their own in “house” resale prices. Edge Eyewear will, without assuming any liability, impose penalties as described herein against those who advertise products of Edge Eyewear on any media at a price lower than the MAP. This policy is applicable to all advertised prices made by Distributors, Dealers, and Resellers advertising Edge Eyewear branded products. Distributors, Dealers, and Resellers may not use shipping, handling, or free products incentives to circumvent MAP. Product promotions with a price below MAP guidelines shall not violate this policy if they are advertised in conjunction with Edge Eyewear approved promotional activities.
The MAP policy will be comprised of the following conditions:
1. MAP for Edge Eyewear will be the MAP price published in the Edge price list. Edge Eyewear reserves the right to update this price list, including MSRPs. For a copy of the Edge EyewearMSRP/MAP price list, please contact your sales representative. MAP is applicable to all items on the price list. Any Edge Eyewear items that are not shown with MAP pricing have no MAPassociated with it. Edge Eywear’s MAP policy does allow resellers to omit pricing entirely from advertisements and/or advertisement statements such as “Call for Price” or “Call for Quote.” Free shipping and/or handling, 0% sales tax, or free financing promotions do not violate the MAP. Price matching policies are acceptable. Price matching cannot be used as a valid reason for violations of Edge Eyewear’s MAP policy. The advertised price must always be at MAP or higher.
2. The MAP policy applies to all advertisements of MAP products in all media, including, but not limited to, flyer’s, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, television, radio, and public signage, as well as internet sites, social media sites, apps, or any other electronic media. The MAP policy does not apply solely to on-premises or in-store advertising that is not distributed to customers.
3. MAP applies to the prices shown, and not to the final price at checkout.
4. MAP does not set maximum advertised prices. Resellers have sole discretion to set prices higher than MAP. Internet auctions or reserved bidding may not advertise a price lower than MAP.
5. Edge Eyewear’s MAP policy does not prohibit resellers from advertising that they offer the “lowest prices” or they “will meet or beat competitors’ pricing” or similar language in the subsequent selling of Edge Eyewear so as long as they do not go below MAP.
6. Resellers agree to abide by Edge Eyewear trademarks and to use materials provided by Edge Eyewear exclusively.
7. Edge Eyewear only does business with resellers that will abide with Edge Eyewear policies and not degrade the image of Edge Eyewear or its affiliates. Violations may result in termination of the vendor-reseller relationship.
8. Distributors of Edge Eyewear products selling to resellers are expected to assist Edge Eyewearwith the enforcement of this MAP policy for all their customers. BUSINESS CREDIT APPLICATION Edge-Dealer.com | P.O. Box 845, Layton, UT 84041 | CustomerService@EdgeEyewear.com | P 866.953.7325 | F 866.329.7325
9. Forbidden Online Marketplaces. Edge Eyewear forbids selling any Edge Eyewear products in any third-party marketplaces without written permission from Edge Eyewear. Some, but not all, of these marketplaces include: Amazon, Walmart.com and Walmart Marketplace, Ebay, Craigslist, Overstock.com and Jet.com.
10. If a reseller with multiple locations violates this MAP policy at any one location or affiliated website, Edge Eyewear will consider that a violation by the reseller.
11. Edge Eyewear reserves the right to cancel any pending orders, restrict future orders, or suspend the reseller’s account if Edge Eyewear reasonably believes:
i. A reseller has violated the provisions of this policy.
ii. A reseller intends to violate this policy.
12. This MAP policy has been established to uphold the integrity of the image of Edge Eyewear as a premium brand in the eyewear industry. This policy also ensures that Edge Eyewear Distributors, Dealers, and Resellers have the resources to service their clients.
13. Edge Eyewear will advise of MAP Holidays. MAP holidays will allow the Dealer, Distributor, Reseller to run inventory down and discount during this time. Edge Eyewear will provide the dates of MAP Holidays via email and in a written letter.
In the event a Distributor, Dealer, and/or Reseller chooses not to follow MAP, the following penalties will be imposed:
•A member of Edge Eyewear will contact the violator via e-mail, telephone and/or letter to identify the nature of the violation to the violator. A copy of the Policy will be sent to the violator.
•The violator will be given ten (10) business days to rectify the violation, before it ripens into a “first” offense.
•Anyone found violating the policy a second time would be given ten (10) days to rectifythe violation.
•Failure to bring advertised pricing into compliance with our stated policy will restrict the dealer from purchasing any products for a period of thirty (30) days from the date of the notification.
•Anyone found violating the Policy a third time or any subsequent time thereafter will be given ten (10) days to rectify the violation before being banned from purchasing the specific items in violation of MAP for a period three-hundred-sixty-five (365) days.
•This suspension shall apply to the entity violating the policy as well as the owners and/or operators of the violator, and to any other organization owned by the owners and/or operators of the violator.
4th and FINAL Violation will be a written letter advising of the termination of the business relationship between Edge Eyewear and the Distributor, Dealer, Reseller.
The Administration of this Policy and any determinations made under it are solely within the discretion and authority of Edge Eyewear. Any questions about this policy should be forwarded to the policy administrator at email@example.com.
Please indicate your knowledge and willingness to abide by this MAP policy and return this document, and if necessary, adjust applicable pricing to be compliant with MAP as outlined in this agreement.
Authorized Signature: _____________________________________________
If you have questions about this MAP policy or have information for us on violations that you see, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide the URL that you feel is in violation and any other information that will help us address and correct the issue.
*IMPORTANT NOTICE: EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2024, OUR BUSINESS PARTNERS WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO SELL ON ANY 3RD PARTY PLATFORMS. THESE PLATFORMS INCLUDE AND NOT LIMITED TO AMAZON, WALMART.COM, EBAY….ETC……
*All Edge Eyewear products may be sold on a Business Partners own website that is not considered 3rd Party.